Monday, November 22, 2010

My Favorite Organism

Although I am an animal lover, I decided to blog about another type of organism which I really enjoy in nature. Flowers are one of my favorite parts of nature, and I really enjoy looking at them, whether they are wild or at Fresh Market. Below is a definition of this organism defined by wikipedia.


"flower, sometimes known as a bloom or blossom, is the reproductive structure found in flowering plants (plants of the division Magnoliophyta, also called angiosperms). The biological function of a flower is to mediate the union of male sperm with female ovum in order to produce seeds. The process begins with pollination, is followed by fertilization, leading to the formation and dispersal of the seeds. For the higher plants, seeds are the next generation, and serve as the primary means by which individuals of a species are dispersed across the landscape. The grouping of flowers on a plant is called the inflorescence."
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flower)





No comments:

Post a Comment